The perfect mid-week treat, Cook’s Club offers intimate cooking classes in the heart of Green Point with chef and cookbook author Marlene van der Westhuizen. In this informative class Marlene demonstrates her excellent cooking skills gathered from years of experience in classic French cooking.
- Sitting around Marlene’s beautiful dining room table
- Great break in the week to indulge with your friends
- Exclusive cooking tips and recipes to take home
- 3-course meal paired with wine
- Intimate, homely setting
- Learn how to enhance flavour with fresh, local produce
10h30 – 14h00 (Wednesday or Thursday most weeks)
- Any Wednesday on request (see Book Now)
To book any date on request for private groups (minimum 8 people) please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Smaller groups possible on a quote basis.
Chef, cookbook author, and one of the most captivating hostesses you’re likely to come across (you’ve never been at a lunch or dinner party quite like hers!). Marlene van der Westhuizen is a legend in the local food industry – and pretty well known in the French countryside too! Her Greenpoint Cook’s Club has developed and avid following over the years.
Hosted every Wednesday in her beautiful home in Cape Town’s Green Point Village, it gives friends who love food the chance to socialise with one another and soak up some of Marlene’s culinary knowledge as she cooks a delicious three-course meal in her soulful kitchen.
During the cooking demo, she’ll reveal tried and tested cooking tips and techniques for getting maximum flavour out of your ingredients, along with other invaluable lessons she’s learnt on her culinary journey. Once the feast is prepared, you’ll enjoy it with Marlene at her dining room table, paired with fine wine and even better conversation. After all, it’s not every day you get the chance to chat to someone that spends half the year conducting cooking tours from their own cottage in the Medieval French village of Charroux.
The best part? You won’t have to decipher your own notebook scribbles when you’re in the mood to recreate the dishes at home – Marlene gives each guest a list of printed recipes to take home.
- 3-course meal around her dining room table
- Welcoming drink and snacks
- Wine pairing with the meals
- Live cooking demonstration
- Printed recipes for the cooking demo to take hom
- Top-ups of wine
What’s not included
- Transportation to and from the experience
- Coffee/other beverages
- Wheelchair access limited
- Dietary requirements accommodated on request
- Complete information, including telephone numbers, are included on your confirmation voucher
Looking for the best new food experiences around Cape Town? Let’s get you on our mailing list and we’ll keep you informed. We pinkie-promise to only send you the good stuff. You know – tasty new experiences, the best places to stay for food lovers, fun outings, a few exclusive offers…
Photography: Jenni Elizabeth