Meet new food-minded friends or reconnect with old ones at this intimate, whimsical social table dinner experience offered by seasoned chef Julia Hattingh. Drawing from her vast restaurant experience and international travels, Julia makes food that’s both hearty and unfussy, yet refreshingly contemporary and full-on in flavour.
- Enjoy a delicious 5-course meal
- Each course paired with local wines.
- Intimate, homely setting
- Break bread together with like minded food and wine lovers around a shared long table
- Interact with a local chef
19h30 – 23h00 (three to four hours)
Every week Wednesday to Saturday evening
If you’ve been meaning to catch up with friends for months now, but can’t get it together to host a dinner party at your place, or are visiting Cape Town and keen to rub shoulders with some like-minded foodie friends, or simply interested to experience a taste journey that will stimulate all the senses, this intimate dining experience in the quirky suburb of Observatory is all you’re looking for and then some.
“What a fantastic food and wine experience around The Reverie Social Table! The chef can cook!”
Hosted by chef Julia Hattingh, who has done stints at restaurants including the award-winning Waterkloof Restaurant in Somerset West and Lucas Carton in Paris, the dinners take place around a gorgeous 18-seater oak table in a whimsical dining area adorned with a rotating exhibition of local artworks and off-beat touches (think golden dinosaur planters!) guaranteed to help break any initial awkward silences.
The focus is on social dining, so be a good sport and put away that cell phone before finding out more about your dinner-table neighbours or reconnecting with your best buds.
During the course of the evening, Julia brings one plate of delicious, seasonally-inspired food after the the next; each of the five courses expertly paired with a glass of wine from a local boutique winery.
Drawing from her vast restaurant experience and international travels, Julia makes food that’s both hearty and unfussy, yet refreshingly contemporary and full-on in flavour – mains like free-range chicken with a green-olive crumble and meal clinchers like peach and almond bake. In other words, the perfect food around which to forge new friendships and rekindle old ones.
- Welcome drink
- Sparkling water
- Homemade bread with farm butter
- 5-course dinner
- Wine pairing with each course
What’s not included
- Transportation to and from the experience
- Top-ups of wine
- Coffee/other beverages
- Tuesday evenings on request only
- Not suitable for children under 12 years
- Dietary requirements accommodated on request
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough guests (minimum 6) to meet requirements. In the rare event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative date, or full refund.
- Dress: smart-casual
- Wheelchair access limited
- Complete information, including telephone numbers, are included on your confirmation voucher
Looking for the best new food experiences around Cape Town? Let’s get you on our mailing list and we’ll keep you informed. We pinkie-promise to only send you the good stuff. You know – tasty new experiences, the best places to stay for food lovers, fun outings, a few exclusive offers…